Emergency Assistance

Rental Assistance

Assistance Funds

#(360) 867-2625. 2404 Heritage Ct SW Olympia, 98502. Hours: Walk-in Tues and Thurs 9-11am. Up to $400/yr for past due rent, utilities or food. Must have honorable discharge, be low-income, and a Thurston County Resident.

Community Action Council
(360) 438-1100 Has limited funds to help with utility (energy/heat) deposits. Has very limited rental assistance funds. Call for info.

Yelm Community Services
458-7000 utilities and rental assistance for Yelm area residents.

Families – DSHS Emergency Assistance Programs

Families on TANF may be eligible for AREN- Additional Requirements and Emergency Needs. They offer up to $750 per year for eviction prevention, move-in costs, and other needs. (877) 501-2233

Screening Fees for Apartments contact Interfaith Works (360-357-7224). Interfaith Works

Emergency Loans

TULIP Credit Union:
570-2292 Located at the Eastside Food Co-op, 3111 Pacific Ave, Olympia 98501
TULIP offers low-interest personal loans up to $2000 for low-income people. No penalties for early pay-off. Call for more info.

Additional Help

The Family Support Center has a list of faith communities that work with them for rental assistance in addition to those listed above. Talk to a case manager or advocate for more info. Family Support: 528-8999

Utility Assistance

Emergency Assistance

Sacred Heart
(360) 923-0929. 812 Bowker St SE, Lacey
Hours: M – W & F, 1p.m. – 3 p.m. rent and utilities assistance

St. Vincent De Paul
(360) 352-7554. 1021 Boundary St
Rental Assistance with eviction notice. Utilities: with shut off notice.

Salvation Army
(360) 352-8596 Warm Home Fund:
Help for partial to full payment of utility bills is available through a PSE & Salvation Army partnership. Help is dependent on funds availability (generally only during the winter). Call to apply.

Community Care Services
(360) 352-3410
CCS is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organized by Evergreen Christian Community. They normally only do rental assistance, but are willing to take applications for utility assistance as well.

Subsidy Programs

City of Olympia Utility Services
753-8340 The City of Olympia offers a discounted rate for utility services through its Lifeline Rate program. To qualify one must be low-income and either 1) disabled, or 2) over the age of 62. Low-income is defined as 50% below the median family income for Thurston County.

Washington Telephone Assistance Program
The Washington Telephone Assistance Program (WTAP) reduces the costs of starting phone service and provides discounted rates for local phone service. To sign up, call your local telephone provider and have your DSHS client ID # ready. If you need further assistance signing up, call 1-800-562-6150. Eligible customers may receive:

-A large discount off connection costs.
-Local phone service without paying a deposit. This deposit waiver is for customers who have not had payment problems with a phone company.
-Low-cost monthly phone service. Currently participants in WTAP are charged $8.00 a month for local service. Customers still have to pay some taxes and fees.
-No charge for toll restriction (Long Distance block).

For more info, see: http://www.wutc.wa.gov/webdocs.nsf/0492664a7ba7ed8b88256406006bf2ca/3756b44bfbb509ca8825678b005620e3!OpenDocument

Cell Phone Discount
1 (800) 377-9450
– Through AT&T
-For $20/month you get 300 anytime minutes and 1000 evening /weekend minutes.
-Any past bills w/ AT&T or Singular may disqualify you. AT&T Lifeline Program

Community Action Council
(360) 438-1100
Low Income Home Energy Program (LIHEAP):
Help with heating bills for low-income individuals. If eligible, you can get one grant per season (Oct-May). The minimum and maximum grant amount are $25 and $750, and range from 50% to 90% of actual heating costs. Benefits are calculated based on household income and actual energy costs.

Puget Sound Energy HELP Program:
PSE’s program offers assistance in addition to LIHEAP. Eligible participants can receive up to $750 a year in credits towards their electricity or natural gas bill. This program is available year round. [on the web]

Weatherization Assistance:
Weatherization assistance is available for low-income customers of PSE. This may be available for no cost. This applies to private homes and apartment buildings with 4 or more units, where 50% or more of the occupants are low-income. This service will help reduce energy costs. Call Community Action Council for more information at (360) 438-1100
[PSE brochure]

Church Assistance

Westwood Baptist  (360) 866-6888

Sacred Heart
(360) 923-0929. 812 Bowker St SE, Lacey
Hours: M – W & F, 1p.m. – 3 p.m. rent and utilities assistance (show up early!)

St. Vincent De Paul
(360) 352-7554. 1021 Boundary St
Hours: M – F 1PM – 3PM Rental Assistance with eviction notice. Utilities: with shut off notice.

Evergreen Christian
(360) 352-3410 Offers limited rental assistance on case-by-case basis. Applications are accepted on Thursdays and Fridays, call for an application.

City Gates Ministries/Capital Christian
(360) 705-0291 Rental assistance with an eviction notice.

Gloria Dei Lutheran Church  (360) 357-3386

Catholic Community Services  (360) 754-4667

Church of Living Water   (360) 754-5830